Rod C, Kevin M, Dick L, Brian L, Hazel L, Geraldine X Sue C, Maggie E, Ann R, Tim W Francis W, John I, Margaret I, Terry G.
Angela D, Norma Y, Zib L, Angela T, Dianne W.
Minutes of last meeting:
November 2019. These were agreed as a true record.
Dick reported back that he had attended the awards ceremony dinner but didn’t win. He lost to a patting dog and his owner.
Members reported that they were satisfied with the venue for the recent Christmas Dinner.
Guest speaker :
Due to an unfortunate mix up on dates there was no speaker on this occasion.
Update on Leaflet and Poster production:
Frances, as promised, updated the group on the progress of copy only (illustrations still to come) for an A5 flier, an A4 poster and a gate fold A4 leaflet.
Frances was seeking member’s guidance on the following questions
• how would Rod’s Tea Group like to be included? Dick suggested that the group requires a name. Terry suggested to Rod that it could be known as The Hemel Hempstead Tea Group
• which members would not wish their photo to be included in the leaflet?
• to review the reason behind the leaflets and posters which will provide the focus of our main message
• members to confirm this copy or suggest amendments to it clarifying how it refers to and remains consistent with our website content and how it signposts other organisations such as CIH.
• to suggest that we should be reaching out to those in isolation and not necessarily boosting our membership numbers (Terry cautioned assuming a roll that is really Carers in Herts (CIH) and ) Dick suggested that if we had too many members for the venue we could run a second group
• Whether to have fliers, posters (some discussion to define difference) and leaflets
• Identify those circumstances when to use
o A5 fliers
o A4 posters
o A4 gate fold leaflets
• possible problems with contacts to us who are not mental health carers eg dementia
• Whether to include more than one contact phone number if so whose
Frances next to approach the designer printer for an update on prices.
Additionally, members were asked to consider the copy presented over the next few days and submit any detailed suggestions to Frances.
Dick reported that Sam Slaytor HPFT will now be our speaker for the February meeting
Feed-back from member’s attending external meetings:
Dick reported back on work he helped with on a leaflet dealing with Carer’s Safety
Any Other Business:
Kevin shared with the Group some details about GPs in Dacorum. Namely the Chairman of the GPs Group is leading them to take more ownership in Mental Health issues. As an example he pointed out a project in Watford called GPs plus where a mental health professional is embodied within the practice and can make assessments there and then. This to reduce unnecessary referrals to the HPFT causing extra workload on their staff.
Rod reported that there will be a meeting with the CQC (no HPFT staff to be present) where the subject is the Wellbeing Centre in the Marlowes. Please book your place with Rod.
Venue Southfield Centre, Cemetery Road Hemel Hempstead.
Date 4th Feb 2020
Time 10:30 am 12:30 pm
Date of next meeting:
6th February 2020
The meeting was then followed by some New Year’s nibbles and drinks